AS5835 series - SSD failure to caused the switch cannot boot into NOS Follow
There are several symptoms that might be SSD failure/issue.
Please refer to these articles for troubleshooting.
AS5835-54X / AS5835-54T
- The ONIE GRUB menu does not properly and the console shows the prompt “grub rescue>" as below diagram.
- Or the console displayed “error: hd1 cannot get C/H/S values" as below diagram and couldn't see the GRUB menu.
Please try to do the ONIE recovery.
[ONIE] How to recover ONIE on Edgecore x86 platform switch via USB?
AS5835-54X ONIE v2019_08_00_01 (latest)
AS5835-54T ONIE v2019_08_00_01 (latest)
If the above resolutions could not resolve the problem, please submit the ticket to Edgecore support.
- If the switch is always boot into the EFI shell.
- Or the BIOS boot order is changed unexpectedly.
Please boot into the BIOS menu and check the "Boot Option". The boot option of SSD should be changed to the first.
If all the above resolutions could not resolve the problem, please submit the ticket to Edgecore support.
- BIOS does not detect SSD and it does not see the SSD in the boot option.
Normally, the SSD can be detected and it will show in the boot option.
Please power cycle the switch first and check if it can see the SSD in the boot option or not.
- If yes, please monitor the switch, and then collect all the information and submit the ticket to Edgecore support if the problem happens again.
- If not, please return the unit back for RMA repair service.
Please sign in to leave a comment.