This post shows the procedures to recover ONIE for Wedge100BF-series and AS9516-32D.
- DCS800 - Wedge100BF-32X
- DCS801 - Wedge100BF-32QS
- DCS802 - Wedge100BF-65X
- DCS810 - AS9516-32D
A. Personal computer
B. ONIE ISO image
- Download the ONIE ISO image for your own device.
- Reference: How to download the current firmware?
C. Serial Console cable:
- A cable which attached in the original box.
D. Console terminal
- USB-stick with FAT32 format
Step1. Burn the ONIE ISO image to the USB-stick.
Method 1. Linux
1. Put the ONIE ISO image to the USB-stick and insert it to the personal computer.
2. Input "fdisk -l" command on terminal to check the local disks and volumes.
3. Start burning the ISO with "sudo dd if=[.ISO file location] of=[disk location]" command.
Method 2. Win32DiskImager for Windows
Choose the USB Disk and iso file about to write
Step 2. Insert the USB-stick to the switch
Step 3. Configure BIOS
1. Reboot COM-E via openBMC, and press "ESC" enter BIOS.
2. At [Save & Exit] page, choose "Boot Override" as [UEFI: USB…]
Step 4. Wait for the reset time and the ONIE Installer screen will pop up, select "ONIE: Embed ONIE", the system will start to reinstall the ONIE.
Step 5. After the switch install ONIE and the system will reboot after completion.
After switch boot-up, enter "ONIE" > "ONIE: Rescue" mode and check ONIE version again.