ContentShield - Your Content Filtering Solution
ContentShield, will help you safeguard your family or school from objectionable websites, and keep productivity high by blocking time-wasting sites at the workplace.
Here's some more information about ContentShield solution:
- Use ContentShield to block your clients from browsing to objectionable websites, based on three policy categories: Relaxed, Medium, and Strict.
- You can set content filtering policies on a per-LAN basis - this means you can filter both WiFi SSIDs and wired network ports! You can also run both filtered and unfiltered networks, on the same Access Point.
- ContentShield will send notification emails to the configured admins when a client attempts to access a blocked domain. This allows administrators to take action if required.
- Are we missing a domain? It's easy to suggest new domains to add to the public blacklists!
Note: Your device must be routed in order to allow ContentShield to do its work. This service does not work on a fully-bridged network.
Lowest in the industry! Only $0.10 USD per Access Point per month plus $0.50 for each enabled site!All devices in your site will automatically use the add-on service once you enable it. Pricing for add-ons is billed at the end of the month based on the total number of devices in your site.
How to buy
Purchasing or trialling an add-on is simple.
- Login into your cloud at http://cloud.ignitenet.com/
- Navigate to the site on which you'd like to enable ContentShield from the quick nav site menu on the left.
- Go to the "Add-ons" menu item.
- Click the "Purchase" or "Start Trial" button next to the ContentShield add-on entry.
- Once you've done this, a new button will show up that will let you configure your ContentShield settings.
What If I want to cancel?You can cancel any add-on services any time, by navigating to the site-level "Add-ons" page, and pressing the "Cancel" button. You will only be charged for the time that the add-on was activated.
Can I try it out?Yes! You can trial any add-on service for up to one week, for free. No credit card details are required to begin a trial. At the end of the trial period, the add-on service will automatically become disabled, and you won't be charged anything.
Can I enable this for a whole cloud?Of course! And now you can bulk-enable add-ons from the cloud-level Add-ons page!
Can I enable ContentShield for just a few devices in my site?No, you must enable an add-on for all ContentShield-capable devices in your site. You can create a new site and move the devices you want to run ContentShield there.
Which devices are capable to run ContentShield? Will I be billed for non-capable devices?All "standard" Wi-Fi product families, such as Spark, SunSpot, Gateway, and SkyFire are ContentShield-capable devices. MetroLinq and FusionSwitch-family devices are not ContentShield-capable, so you will not be billed for these devices in your site once you enable this add-on.
Can I create whitelists or custom blacklists?At this time you can only use the pre-configured blacklists. But don't worry, we'll be adding custom white and blacklists in the near future!
Will this work on sites like Google Image Search or YouTube?Not at this time - we block domains based on DNS requests, not deep packet inspection. However, we will be offering a more advanced content filtering add-on solution later this year that will provide this type of support, as well as keep managed devices safe when they are travelling outside of your network!