One Time Password
One Time Password (OTP) is an authentication mechanism that enables users to obtain a login password (PIN code) via SMS so they can enter this code on the login page to login for Internet access. OTP also allows hotspot venues to collect user information with the integrated questionnaire for security and marketing purposes.
For OTP authentication option, clients are able to access the internet by entering their own mobile numbers and then receiving an SMS message with one time password which is needed to enter in the authentication page. Later, clients can start surfing the Internet.
User Login Flow
Typically, the user login flow as below figure
A. Service Disclaimer (if enabled): presents the terms and service that have to be agreed for continuing
the login process
B. General Login Page: presents different login options as customized by the administrator
C. OTP Registration Page: allows user to enter their mobile number, a pre-configured questionnaire can
also be presented for the user to fill out
D. Receive SMS with OTP: user receives a OTP via a SMS test message on the mobile phone
E. OTP Authentication Page: allows user to enter the OTP for authentication
F. Login Success Page: user is authenticated and can start surfing the Internet
- Group: Clients authenticated by OTP will be assigned to this Group for Policy enforcement
- OTP Client Information: Displays information of clients authenticated by OTP (Login Time, Phone number, MAC address, Answers to Questionnaire)
- Download: Download OTP Client Information
- Delete All: Delete all the entries in OTP Client Information. For example, after downloading the
entries, use this function to remove old entries.
- Default Country Code: Default country code to be displayed on the login page
- Length of Mobile Number: Number of digits allowed for mobile number
- Quota (Time Duration): Time duration of Internet access for logged-in clients. The maximum duration is 364 days 23 hours and 59 Minutes.
- Questionnaire: A questionnaire with up to 5 questions can be displayed on the Login Page
- SMS Gateway: Integration with third-party SMS gateway services. Integration with Clickatell (Legacy/New) and other service providers (via API) is available
- Web Page Customization: Currently, only the options of Edgecore Default and Customize with Template are supported. Other customization options will become available in the future.